A record-breaking 668 volunteers spent more than 5,200 hours helping make the 2023 Iowa State Fair a success. From selling a record number of bottles of water to helping Fairgoers select more than $500,000 worth of Fair merchandise, volunteers proved they are the heart and soul of the Blue Ribbon Foundation’s fundraising efforts.
Thank you to everyone who gave us their time and talent during the 2023 Iowa State Fair. Your behind-the-scenes effort and helpful smiles keep the Foundation’s Fairtime tasks running smoothly every year! By utilizing volunteer workers, merchandise and water sales are more profitable, which allows the Foundation to put more financial resources toward the Fairground’s renovation projects rather than expenses. List of 2023 Iowa State Fair Volunteers
The 2024 Iowa State Fair will take place from August 8th to the 18th. We will begin the volunteer sign-up process in mid May.
WHAT WE ASK
• Responsibility options include:
o Selling merchandise
o Selling bottled water
o Working the BINGO tent
• All volunteers work 4-hour shifts.
• Share your Iowa State Fair enthusiasm with Fairgoers.
• Answer general questions about the Foundation's many fundraising programs.
WHAT VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE
• One complimentary admission ticket per person for each day they work.
• One complimentary parking pass (per person or per pair working together) for each day they work.
• Official Blue Ribbon Foundation volunteer T-shirt.
• Our gratitude!
• A FUN experience!
Volunteers must be 16 years of age to volunteer individually or 12 years of age to volunteer with a parent or other adult. We ask that volunteers working merchandise sign up for a minimum of two shifts.
SEVERAL WAYS TO SIGN UP
• Sign up will start in May 2024
Please contact Meg Courter with any questions.
Meg Courter, Development Manager
515-262-3111, ext. 370
Stay Up to Date on Volunteer Opportunities: